Search
Close this search box.

Alliance Against Invasion: Tackling the Ant Threat in Galapagos

The fight against invasive ants involves early detection and precise measures to conserve the unique biodiversity of the archipelago.

Invasive ants are a silent, but deadly threat to the Galapagos Archipelago. The invasive ants disrupt the fragile ecological balance and threaten the rare and vulnerable species of the Galapagos Archipelago in protected areas. They also have an adverse impact on the economic sectors. Context and Challenge According to research funded by the Charles Darwin […]

A New Chapter on Galápagos Conservation and Sustainability

New Chapter in Conservation Sustainability

Galapagos Conservancy announces the approval and funding for 26 innovative projects as part of the fifth round of its conservation grant program. These initiatives, led both by community members and organizations from the Galapagos, can make a significant contribution to both environmental conservation and the socioeconomic development for Galapagos residents. These projects, from sustainable agricultural […]

Española’s Guardians Pioneering Conservation in the Galápagos Archipelago

Espanolas Guardians Pioneering Conservation in the Galapagos Archipelago

The Galapagos Islands are a shining beacon of biodiversity and natural splendor in the Pacific Ocean. Espanola Island (also known as Hood) is a jewel among these gems. It’s a haven of unique wildlife that demands vigilant conservation. Espanola Island, named in honor of British admiral Samuel Hood who made a significant contribution to naval […]

INOCAR Strengthens Galápagos Research with a New Oceanographic Buoy to Monitor El Niño

INOCAR Strengthens Galapagos Research with a New Oceanographic Buoy to Monitor El Nino

Galapagos Conservancy is committed to protecting the Galapagos Islands ecosystems. It values all efforts that are made to achieve this challenging goal. We are happy to share the news of the Ecuadorian Government’s efforts in aiding Galapagos Conservation, particularly against the possible impacts of natural phenomena like El Nino. Monitoring Critical Climatic Conditions In a […]

Protecting a Fragile Treasure With the Help of Local Communities

Protecting a Fragile Treasure With the Help of Local Communities

Visitors from all over the world are drawn to the Galapagos Archipelago, a natural wonder of unparalleled beauty. The Galapagos National Park protects 97% of the landmass of the archipelago, but the biodiversity is still protected by the Ecuadorian Government. Many of the biodiversity hotspots exist in the remaining 3% of the landmass, where the […]

Sea Cucumber Fishery in Galápagos: A Pursuit of Sustainability

balance sustainability cucumber fishery of galapagos

The Galapagos Archipelago is known for its unique biodiversity and ecosystems. It also supports human populations that have historically depended on its resources. One of these resources is the sea cucumber, in particular, the Isostichopus Fuscus. They act as natural ocean cleaners. The sea cucumbers clean the ocean by consuming debris and sediment. This activity […]